Become Empowered – Become a Mind-Body-Movement Specialist!
The time is NOW!
- If you are concerned about pain and stress - the time is now to learn how you can make a difference in this global epidemic.
- Chronic pain costs the U.S. over 635 billion dollars a year.[i]
- According to the International Association for the Study of Pain: “Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage.”[ii]
- In addition, seven out of ten Americans complain of suffering from emotional stress.[iii]
From these sobering facts it is quite clear that the time is now for a paradigm shift away from how we are currently treating these conditions to evidence-based strategies that have origins in ancient history. This is because yesterday’s art has become today’s science.
From recent studies on chronic pain it seems to me that what has been missing, or should I say dismissed, for too many years is that we have marginalized the importance of the mind-body connection and have therefore done a disservice to patients dealing with these chronic conditions. Research reveals that ancient and modern day, mind-body-movement interventions are viable modalities for treating both physical pain and emotional stress.
As stated above, the time is now to recognize the mind-body connection, or biopsychosocial model of healing.
What a Mind-Body-Movement Specialist Certificate will provide you:
- The science of the mind-body connection and the importance of embracing the biopsychosocial model of health care.
- The evidence to support the use of Mind-Body-Movement interventions to treat physical pain and emotional stress.
- The history and philosophy of Mind-Body-Movement interventions.
- The hands-on training to learn and utilize Mind-Body-Movement interventions in a variety of health care settings.
- FREE Video access to Mind-Body-Movement interventions.
- A Mind-Body-Movement Specialists Certification
- Listing on the Mind-Body-Movement Academy’s website.
[i]Committee on Advancing Pain Research, Care, and Education; Board on Health Sciences Policy,Institute of Medicine. Relieving Pain in America: A Blueprint for Transforming Prevention, Care, Education, and Research. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2011.
[ii]Bonica JJ. The need of a taxonomy. International Association for the Study of Pain: Pain Definition. Pain 1979;6(3):247-8.
[iii]Global Organization for Stress. Stress Solutions for the World. http://www.gostress.com/stress-facts/. Date of access: January 28, 2017.
More about the Mind-Body-Movement Academy
As a noun Movement not only means the act of moving but also is a word that recognizes there is a "movement" in the West to bring the mind-body connection back into healthcare. In ancient cultures the mind-body connection was the cornerstone for evaluating a treating a person's physical and emotional complaints.
Evidence now reveals that practicing ancient mind-body exercises, as well as utilizing ancient therapeutic interventions, is the BEST WAY to improve health and to be able to overcome or manage injuries and illnesses.
The Mind-Body-Movement Academy is an academy that provides education and certification for the following ancient and modern-day practices:
- Level 1: Tai Chi F.I.T & Qigong F.I.T. Mind-Body-Movement Specialist
- Level 1 Kickboxing F.I.T. Mind-Body-Movement Specialist
- Level 1 Tao-Well: Train-Well & Rehab-Well Mind-Body-Movement Specialist
- Level 1: Ancient Therapies: Cupping, Gua Sha, Tui Na, Acupressure Mind-Body-Movement Specialist
- Level 1: Acupuncture and Trigger Point Acupuncture Mind-Body-Movement Specialist
For more information contact Dr. John Burns DPT, MSOM, LAc at: firstname.lastname@example.org